Wednesday, November 20, 2013

giving God the glory, glory

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 (6:44 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You. You changed my attitude yesterday. When I thought I was going to spend time confessing my own faults and misguidances, You reminded me of the importance of giving You glory. Thank You Father!

That Truth in itself saved me from a day potentially filled with anger and remorse. Instead, it provided me better choices and a lot of joy.

As soon as I asked You yesterday about giving You glory I started singing So rise and shine and give God the glory, glory... This cheerful children's song led me directly to Your Word where I was again reminded of so many of the opportunities we have throughout each day.

Father, thank You. Thank You for 'the light of Your glory that burns away darkness'. The book of Isaiah was written “to confront the people of Judah with their sin and denial and to inspire them to rebuild their lives on God's promises.” That is exactly what I was coming to You in need of yesterday.

Rising and shining and giving You the glory, glory led me straight to Isaiah 60:1. “Arise, my people! Let your light shine for all the nations to see! For the glory of the Lord is streaming from you.” Which led me to get up. Make better choices. Let some things go. Build up rather than tear down. Speak encouraging words instead of discouraging ones. All because of a song from our children's youth.

Father God, thank You. Thank You for the love You have for each of us. Thank You for Your desire 'to transform all of us and then to use us to bring Your Truth to others' (The Life Recovery Bible comment).

I ask You for that this morning Dearest God. Transform and use me to bring Your Truth to others. Let me truly Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory Enable and empower me to making good choices this day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(337 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment