Thursday, November 21, 2013

communication

Thursday, November 21, 2013 (5:16 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Good morning. I love You. Thank You. Last night I asked You for some added relief from the cough I currently have. You (along with the suppressant) allowed me five uninterrupted hours. Thank You Father.

Thank You too for the work You are continuing in helping us communicate with one another around here. There's a level of maturity that is becoming more and more consistent. Reliable. Real. Saying what we mean and meaning what we say is almost second nature for us. Games of quasi-manipulation are quite nearly a thing of the past. And we have YOU to thank for it all!

Thank You Father. Thank You for constantly showing us the power of words and the importance of choosing (and using) them wisely. You are absolutely behind the changes taking place around here. And we are grateful. Truly grateful.

Today I ask You Father to make us ever more aware of the importance of communicating Your love and Your Truth with others. The apostle Paul encouraged a younger Timothy to “Don't waste time arguing over foolish ideas and silly myths and legends. Spend your time and energy in the exercise of keeping spiritually fit” (1Timothy 4:7).

Far too often and easily we lose sight of our chief purpose here, to glorify You and enjoy You forever. We want things to go our way instead of Yours. Thank You for reminders that pull us back to wanting to do things Your way. To speak Truth. In love (Ephesians 4:15).

Glorious Father, the more I read in Your Word the more eager and excited (AGOG!) I become. You do this. We come to You. Hungry. And You fill us. Thank You Father.

Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. Keep growing and filling me with Your Son (Ephesians 4:13) that I would truly live each moment as part of Your whole body of Believers, “healthy and growing and full of love” (v.16).

Mm, yes! Let that be my prayer of the day: “Healthy, growing and full of love.” Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(354 words ~ 6:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment