Saturday, November 16, 2013

whining, withdrawing and wondering


Thursday, November 14, 2013 (8:37 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You! I've been whining, withdrawing and wondering far too much, way too often! It seems that everywhere I look around me there are signs of doubt and despair. Sadness. Discouragement. Grief. So I whine, withdraw, wonder and eventual I wander. Away from You.

Thank You Father that even in the midst of wandering I am reminded through music to Give Thanks with a grateful heart I confess to You Dearest Father, it's so much easier when things are going the way I think I want them to.

Right now I am thinking of Joseph (Genesis 37-50). Favored by his father. Hated by his brothers. Sold into slavery. Lied about. Perjured against. And ever faithful and obedient to You. He didn't whine or withdraw. While he very well may have wondered, he didn't wander. Thank You for his story Father. His example of faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment