Sunday, November 3, 2013

powerless

Sunday, November 3, 2013 (5:28 a.m.)
Most Amazing Father God,

I love You so very much. You are good. You are kind. You do not leave us alone in our circumstances. Father, this morning I want to talk with You on behalf of others.

Lord, there's a world of hurt out there. Physical, emotional, spiritual and mental. People are concerned for one another and powerless to do anything, except pray.

Why doesn't that seem like enough? You are the Creator of the Universe. The Alpha and Omega. The Beginning and the End. Why is it so difficult for us to surrender our will to Yours and to trust? You!

And this is where I begin to cry. Father, we don't know how to know You. We read Your Word. We don't “give up meeting together” (Hebrews 10:25). We join our voices together singing that all our life, strength and hope is in You Tell us Father, when the hurt is so incredibly real and deeply painful how do we live outside of the pain?

When the apostle Paul wrote of his own pain and suffering (2 Corinthians 11:23-33) he did so to encourage others in theirs. That is why the words on this page here are so difficult to see. The tears keep falling. My heart is breaking.

I love others so very much because You first loved us. Loving others and watching them feel alone is truly heartbreaking.

That is exactly why I come to You so often throughout the day. I am powerless to help. I don't have the words. But You do. Your Word is FULL of the right words!

Take Paul's own words to the people of Corinth for example:

“Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows” (2 Corinthians 1:2-5).

I long to offer comfort to hurting loved ones Dearest Father. I am powerless here. Under the title “Everyone Faces Trouble” the Psalty Kids Bible gives this advice, “don't ever forget that God cares for you, and He will always be there to comfort you. So the next time you have trouble, go to the Lord. He will give you comfort.”

Father I am trusting You to help those I am powerless to help myself. Provide the relief, the comfort, the fellowship, the _______ (exactly what they need) according to Your perfect will. We love You so incredibly much. Help each of us in our quest to know and trust You more.

Thank You Father for hearing our prayers. Do exactly what You need to do in and through me this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(504 words ~ 6:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment