Friday, November 8, 2013

tasted


Wednesday, November 6, 2013 (7:33 a.m.)
At Sea - en route toward California waters
Father God,

Thank You for fun and flavors. New to us foods. Conversations. Adventures. Wines. Olive oils. Information. Thank You Father.

Enjoyment. Tastes. Guide me in our time here together this morning Blessed Father. I truly have no idea where we are headed.

Tasted. 1Peter 2:3, “...you have tasted that the Lord is good.” Revelation 10:10, “It ['the unrolled scroll from the mighty angel' (v.8)] tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.”

Yesterday I tasted a sweet honey wine. Several times I tasted that sweet honey wine. Soon my stomach too turned sour (v.9). Not because of Your Word. No. Because of my own choices of the things I tasted and ate throughout the day.

Even here Father, Your Word guides and reminds me. The apostle John was told to eat the scroll, as was Ezekiel (Ezekiel 2:8; 3:1-3). The message of Your Word is sweet. It's what we do with it that ultimately leads us to Your 'promises of joy and peace' or 'predictions of judgment'.

The scroll Ezekiel was commanded to eat “enabled him to perform his difficult ministry. He was sustained and directed by the words he received from God. As we face the trials of recovery, God's sustaining words in the Bible can provide us with the direction and strength we need. As we daily read and meditate on God's truths, we will discover God's power helping us to progress successfully in the recovery process” (The Life Recovery Bible comment).

This bringing us back to the Truth of Peter's words, telling 'us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world'. Having tasted Your kindness (1Peter 2:3) we can develop a yearning for Your Word instead of the tastes of this world. 'Seeking to experience more of Your kindness, we can come to You with all our needs, and You will fill our hearts with the love we crave.'

Father, of all the many things I have tasted this trip, it is truly Your love I long to savor. Make me a good and faithful steward of Your goodness and Your grace this day. I love You Father. I have tasted that You are good! Empower and enable me to love and live Your Truth! Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(395 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment