Saturday, November 23, 2013

flexing our power in You

Saturday, November 23, 2013 (7:37 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You. A full, uninterrupted night's sleep. Even though night time cold capsules were involved, I am truly grateful for the gift of sleeping completely through the night. Thank You Father. Thank You.
(3:22 p.m.)

All these hours later and still I am grateful to You, Father. A fully set table and my brother joining us for breakfast was another blessing to add to the list of all You do for us each day. Father, thank You for calling me to gratitude.

Thank You for calling us to love, as You would have us love. With all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30). It is because of Your love and Your love only that we have the strength to continue through the rough times over to the grateful ones.

As I sit here rejoicing in a truly blessed environment, I ask You Father to keep growing me in Your strength and power. Attempting joyfulness on my own doesn't yield bliss. Wanting to know You more and serve You better brings about the glimpses of the joy I long for. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Having the opportunity to come before You asking that You would grow my joy and faith muscles, I thank You for the guiding me to Romans 12:3. In the overview of Paul's letter to the Romans, The Life Recovery Bible says, “It [his letter about how to live] teaches us how to deal with our sinful attitudes and behaviors and how to get back on the right track.”

Under the Recovery Themes I read, “The Role of Faith: Much of this letter is a description of the importance of faith or trust in God. 'The man who finds life will find it through trusting God' (1:17)... There is no magic formula for this – it is a daily act of trust, putting our hand in the hand of the all-powerful God, who promises never to forsake us, and to always love us no matter how unlovable we are.”

To this Dearest Father, all I can say is thank You! 

Quoting Paul's words to the Romans (12:3 The Message), “I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what He does for us, not by what we are and what we do for Him.”

You are the Ultimate Sacrificer! You gave us Your Son that we “may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]” (John 10:10 Amplified Bible). I get to experience that life when I pay attention to it having come only from You. Father thank You for the reminders You give me of the importance of flexing our faith muscles.

Empower and enable me to continue doing exactly that. Trusting. Believing. Living each day for Your good and Your glory. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(544 words ~ 4:28 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment