Saturday, November 2, 2013

Psalm 16


Saturday, November 2, 2013 (6:11 a.m.)
Father God,

Thank You for Your presence in our lives. Thank You for the joy You have infused into us. Joy as a direct byproduct of You working tirelessly in and for each of us.

Thank You Father. Thank You that as I turned in Your Word looking for evidences of You having worked joy into others, I landed at Psalm 16.

Our lives have been filled with “Save me, O God” (v.1a) moments. Thank You that You have. Every single time we come to You because we “have no other help than Yours” (2b) You hear our prayers. You, Yourself, are our “inheritance”, our “prize” (5). You see that we are “given pleasant brooks and meadows” as our share! “What a wonderful inheritance!” (6).

I confess, far too often I forget. I go off on my own. Try to do things my way. Oh, but when I remember and come back to “bless the Lord who counsels me; He gives me wisdom in the night. He tells me what to do” (7).

Oh now here's a real 'kicker'! “I am always thinking of the Lord” (8a). Didn't I just say 'I forget'? The emphasis here is placed by me, “because He is so near, I never NEED to stumble or fall” (8b). Is that not the Truth of Your Word to us?

“Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy” (9). They truly are! “For You will not leave me among the dead; You will not allow Your beloved to rot in the grave. You have let me experience the joys of life and the exquisite pleasures of Your own eternal presence” (10-11).

And would You just look at that? What I thanked You for to begin with. Your presence in our lives. Your presence brings with it Your joy. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Let me use Your presence and Your joy well this day. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(342 words ~ 7:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment