Thursday, November 28, 2013

HONESTY!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 (4:16 p.m.)

Awesome, Incredible, Wonderful, Holy Father God,

Thank You! Honesty. Honesty with You. With myself. And others. Thank You Father.

Thanksgiving Thursday, November 28, 2013 (6:49 a.m.)

So there I was. Excited. Eager. Ready to conquer the world. And then... I lost my food preparation groove. Things that are usually second nature to me, went right out the window. I couldn't find ingredients. Even had to take a late night grocery run only to come back and remember where I had put the coveted yeast. And the seemingly logical reasoning for having put it in a different place.

Father, here I am in honesty, confessing my pridefulness. Oh Lord God, what a lesson to be learned from coming to believe I can do my aunt's signature rolls in my sleep! With every bit of awareness before me, I keep making mistakes.

This recipe is not new to me. I've made the dough for decades. Thank You for reminding me that I am to take nothing for granted. In the scheme of life, a less than perfect recipe result is not catastrophic. In honesty, it's my pride that has taken a well deserved ding.

Although I didn't speak my thoughts out loud the other morning, my own critical voice echoed loudly within my mind. At an impromptu feast-like gathering, a rather outspoken young woman eagerly shared the rolls she'd made using her grandmother's recipe. While she readily admitted they didn't turn out well, judgments swept through my mind like crazy. “They're too hard.” “Too small.” “Overdone.”

Honesty? Father, please forgive my critical nature. Very late last night I confessed out loud that the only way these rolls will rise is by Your good grace. Me keeping face is not a good enough reason to pray this hard asking You to breathe life into this seemingly dying dough.

I know You are the God of infinite ability. So rather than waste Your time and energy on something as banal as my pride, I am asking that Your will be done here Father.

There was one thing (rolls) I was asked to bring to a celebratory gathering today. Those same things I was going to readily share with other eager recipients. Should this not work out as I had planned, Lord, I ask that their disappointment not be great.

Did I do my best? I think so. Was my best good enough? In this case, we have to wait and see. What I DO know is that I can't continue believing that just because I've done the same thing the same way all these years that I will always have success.

Thank You Father for another well deserved lesson in honesty and pride. I ask that You will use this day, this day set aside for us to give thanks for the tremendous blessings You readily bestow upon us, to Your good and to Your glory. I love You Father. And I truly thank You for honesty. Let me use it well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(509 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment