Monday, September 30, 2013

good choices


Monday, September 30, 2013 (6:41 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

I am asking You to keep me focused here with You for longer than just a minute. You know my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. You know every single thought and distraction that comes my way. I long to use them all to Your good and Your glory.

Hours upon hours have been wasted by me recently. I haven't made good use of the time You have so generously provided me. Help me make good choices Father.

Good choices. Better use of time. I'm looking to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Hoping. Praying. Wanting. Confessing  fear. And hiding. Yes hiding.

And with that I'm singing You Are My Hiding Place and reading Psalm 32:7. And then verse 11. And now there are tears. Because I just don't know what to do Blessed God.

You are good. You are holy. I am not. I doubt. I wonder. I fall short of Your glory (Romans 3:23) just like everyone else. But I'm hard on myself about it. Thank You Father that I have Your Word to read and to trust.

Thank You that You so love each and every one of us (John 3:16). I confess to You most Blessed Father, I don't understand a lot of things. And I am grieved and deeply sadden by many of life's circumstances. Through the years I have hoped, prayed, begged, pleaded for various situations to be different than they are.

You know best. I believe that. Yet so often I hang my head, saddened by the sadness of others. Teach me to truly rejoice Dearest Father. Provide all I need to make good choices this day. Help me choose faith over fear. Love over indifference. Acceptance over expectations. And risk over self preservation.

Father, empower and embolden me to speak up for You this day. Do in and with and through and for me all that is necessary to make the good choices that would lead others straight to the foot of Jesus' cross. Fuel me to share Your Word honestly, openly and willingly this day.

Left to myself I will continue shrinking back and hiding in fear of the what ifs, what abouts and other unknowns. I love You Father. I ask that be made obvious through good choices I will make.

Thank You for Your time. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your plan. Help me use them well in making good choices. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(417 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment