Sunday, September 8, 2013

perfectly safe


Saturday, September 7, 2013 (7:24 a.m.)
Loving, Protective Father God,

THANK YOU!

You protected us yesterday. On a busy freeway. The husband knew exactly what to do when the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. And he did it perfectly.

All the while I prayed Your protection over us. You kept us safe Father. Perfectly.
Sunday, September 8, 2013 (6:57 a.m.)

For two days I've been singing praises for the man who acted quickly and accurately. Father, forgive me for not announcing to all how YOU kept us perfectly safe.

The moment I knew something was wrong with our travel, I started praying. At first it was only Your name. “Father.” Dear Father. God. Oh God. Dear God. Then I became more precise. Asking for travel mercies. Your hedge of protection to surround us.

Father, thank You. I was afraid. And in the midst of the fear I called upon Your holy name. No verses came readily to mind at the time, but I knew You were with us. Not remembering them then, verses two and four of Psalm 91 sum up quite perfectly Your presence with us:

“Say this: 'God, You're my refuge. I trust in You and I'm safe!'... His outstretched arms protect you – under them you're perfectly safe; His arms fend off all harm.”

I didn't use those exact words. Romans 8:26 (The Voice) is an excellent example of Your Truth for us that day. “A similar thing ['waiting expectantly for things we have never seen, hoping with true perseverance and eager anticipation' (v.25)] happens when we pray. We are weak and do not know how to pray, so the Spirit steps in and articulates prayers for us with groaning too profound for words.”

Father, thank You! Thank You for Your protection. Your perfect protection presented to me by a two year old just moments ago. Reading to him the verse accompanying the cross and angel on the door of the room in which he sleeps. “The Lord will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways” (Psalm 91:11).

You kept us perfectly safe. And I am absolutely grateful. Empower and enable me to use Your perfection to Your good and Your glory this day. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(383 words ~ 8:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment