Monday, September 9, 2013

ANTS!


Monday, September 9, 2013 (6:53 a.m.)
Absolute, Amazing Father God,

Never before now had I thought to bring to you a problem that has plagued us all summer long. ANTS! Everywhere we look. Unexpected. Out of control. It doesn't seem like the biggest problem in the world, yet they are exasperating.

We've tried ignoring them. Spraying them. Talking to other people and taking non-too-committed actions against them. Finally I bring the problem to You Dearest Lord.

Sad isn't it? Instead of coming to You first with everything, we exhaust our efforts before coming to our senses and bringing every single situation to You.

Your Word even mentions ants. In a positive light. As an example of hard workers. One of the four things Proverbs 30: 24-28 lists as being “small but unusually wise”. The Voice puts verse 25 thusly, “While ants are hardly a strong species, they work constantly to store up food during the summer”.

I confess to You Father, I don't know the first thing to do to stop them. Following one track of them only led to finding numerous more. The early morning outing to watch the colors of Your glorious sky unfold was completely interrupted by discovering more of what I didn't know was out there.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Father God, there are SO many things I don't understand. Things I don't address. Things I forget to bring to You immediately. Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to bring every single issue of my life to You. Even ants.

Thank You for loving me Father. Thank You for leading and guiding me. I ask You to chart and direct my course this day. Empower and enable me to walk where and as You wish. Make me an excellent ambassador for You. A good and faithful servant.

I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.

(312 words ~ 7:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment