Tuesday, September 17, 2013

♫ Mr. Sunshine ♫


Tuesday, September 17, 2013 (6:49 a.m.)
Good Morning Blessed Father,

The actual song I came singing down the hallway called You Mister Sunshine. Looking up the lyrics, they at first seem rather banal. As the melody continues haunting me I tweak the words just enough to fit.

♫Good morning Mister Sunshine, You brighten up my day. Come sit beside me as I pray. I seek You every morning Outside my selfish thoughts Your music makes me nonchalant

Father, how I thank You for gripping me right off the bat this morning. The sky itself seemed quite ordinary so I sat steeped in Your Word instead. What an unexpected blessing!

Following the word 'sunshine' to Ecclesiastes 11:7-8 in The Message I sit here basking in the reminder of the Preacher/Teacher. I take to heart his observation of “Oh, how sweet the light of day, And how wonderful to live in the sunshine! Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted. Take delight in each light-filled hour, Remembering that there will also be many dark days And that most of what comes your way is smoke.”

Blessed Father God, this morning I say to You, “Hallelujah!” Many things fell into place yesterday after I took the time to be honest with You. Thank You Father. Thank You for leading and guiding us. Thank You for the strength and energy You provide.

I am asking for that energy again today. Empower me to the things You would have me put first this day. Enable me to use wisely Your 'sweet light of day'. Do in, through, with and for me all that must be done so I will 'enjoy the parts of life that make sense and entrust the rest to Your care' (The Life Recovery Bible).

Thank You Father for filling me this morning with a song that initially didn't make much sense to me. Thank You for reminding me of “the futility of seeking happiness and fulfillment apart from God” (Life Is to Be Enjoyed Responsibly - TLRB).

Even that Truth fits nicely with the adjusted lyrics to this morning's song. Lonely days, lonely nights, where would I be without my Savior?

Thank You Father. Provide what is needed that I will do all You wish. I love You. Amen.
(386 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment