Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"hope does not disappoint us"


Tuesday, September 3, 2013 (6:06 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

I'm outside. Waiting. Anticipating. Expecting. The sky has every element it needs for greatness. Clouds. Clarity. And just a hint of color.
(6:12 a.m.)

Yep! Here it comes. Beautiful! Spectacular. Everything for which I had hoped. Thank You Father.
(6:22 a.m.)

And JUST when I thought it was over, with nothing left to see, “WOW!”

Where did THAT come from? Intensity! Brightness. Crispness to the east. Soft, muted swirls to the south. Far less color. Equally beautiful in its own right.

What a gift Father! Such an opportunity to keep looking just when I thought I'd seen it all. Thank You for calling me to this. You do NOT disappoint!

(6:49 a.m.)
Now there is definitely a thought! YOU do not disappoint!

People, circumstances, situations may or may not disappoint us. You don't!
(7:48 a.m.)
Almost an hour later and I'm still trying to put this together.

Father, what nuggets of Truth do You have for me this morning? In reading Romans 5:5 in Your Word I am reminded that “hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.”

A health tip I read the other morning is a quote by Jim Roth. “The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy.” I confess to often having built those same walls to keep out disappointment.

Thank You for again reminding me that it is in YOU that we have hope. Hope that does not disappoint us!

Empower and enable me to use Your hope well this day. I love You. I long to be Your good and faithful servant. Thank You, Father. I love You. Amen.
(295 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment