Friday, September 13, 2013

"reflect the glory of the Lord"


Friday, September 13, 2013 (8:36 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy, Loving God,

Thank You! You are good. You are kind. You are loving. Faithful. Generous. Such positive, encouraging descriptions of a positive, encouraging God.

How do I best reflect You this day?
(9:17 a.m.)

Here again, I must say that You amaze me! I ask a question. And You lead me right to an answer. A New Plan for Salvation (2Corinthians 3:7-18) in The Life Recovery Bible.

The Illustrated Bible Handbook describes this section as contrasting “the glory of the old and the new covenant.” It tells of Moses returning from Mount Sinai, his face shining with glory from his encounter with You. But that glory faded and he “hid his face with a veil to mask that deterioration from his people.”

Here's where the Truth of Your Word hits home in my life: “Paul says that Christians, 'not like Moses,' can remove the veils that hide us from other. We do so because we know that God's Spirit is at work within us” (IBH).

Your Word tells us that the veil is taken away “whenever anyone turns to the Lord from his sins” (2Cor. 3:16). “The Lord is the Spirit who gives them life, and where He is there is freedom [from trying to be saved by keeping the laws of God]” (v. 17).

All this said to preface the answer to the question I originally asked of You, “How do I best reflect You this day?” Second Corinthians 3:18, “But we Christians have no veil over our faces; we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him.”

The Life Recovery Bible comment tells me “the glory of the New Covenant is a transformation from the inside out. This glory shines through the lives of all who trust Jesus Christ and pursue true recovery in the power of the Holy Spirit. The further we progress in our relationship with God, the more visible God's glory becomes in our life.”

Continue Your work in me Dearest Father, making me more and more like You that I would truly become a mirror and “brightly reflect the glory of the Lord.” I love You Father. I thank You. Amen.

(385 words ~ 11:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment