Friday, September 6, 2013

from the mess to The Message


Friday, September 6, 2013 (5:56 a.m.)
Most Blessed Father God,

I come to You this morning with many pleas. I made a mess yesterday. Not just any mess. A giant, great big, takes-up-every-room-of-the-house-plus-the-garage kind of mess.

So here I am with many pleas. And now tears to boot! Feeling like a failure 'cause I can't even manage a household. The Proverbs 31 woman I am not!

(6:28 a.m.)
Thank You Father!

With the beauty of the sky and a hug from the husband, You changed not only my tune but my focus as well. My thoughts went from the mess back to The Message. Your Message of love and forgiveness.

Now the tears aren't falling outwardly. They are deep inside cleansing every doubt, fear and negative judgment I have placed on myself. Okay, now they're forming and falling again from my eyes as well.

Father, I make messes. I don't mean to. I like to think of myself as structured. Orderly. Disciplined. Thank You that YOU are Truth! I get to come to You just as I am sometimes with many pleas and You change them back to being about You.

You remind us of What A Friend We Have In Jesus and then the beauty of Your early morning sky has me singing aloud Let There Be Glory and Honor and Praises. Father, thank You for allowing me to be so honest with You.

Thank You for doing in me that which I could not do myself. You changed my attitude from focusing on the mess I had made back to The Message of Your Son's great love for each of us.

♫Let there be glory and honor and praises. Glory and honor to Jesus. Glory and honor, glory and honor to Him

From the hymnal to Your Word, I get to read Psalm 29. “Here is a psalm of pure praise, exalting in God's power over nature.” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). I read the entire psalm and envision the pictures it paints. But it's verse 11 that buoys me most, “He will give His people strength. He will bless them with peace.”

Verse 10 speaks of the control You have over all creation. And The Life Recovery Bible comment reminds that “even though His power is greater than any words can describe, He knows and loves each of us. As we realize how powerless we are over the problems we face [in this particular case, read: 'the messes I make'] the truth ['The Message'] about God's power, along with His personal concern for us, should make us more confident and willing to turn our life and our will over to Him. He is the only One able and willing to help us.”

Father God, this reminds me of the Bible verse (Zechariah 4:6) and the chorus of the song I was singing in the midst of the mess yesterday. It's not by might, nor by power, But by my Spirit... Saith the Lord I trust Your Truth Blessed Father. I trust Your power. I trust Your Word.

Here again I turn to another comment (Zechariah 4:6-14) in The Life Recovery Bible. “We often become discouraged as we face the massive task of our own recovery, especially when we experience regular opposition from people, emotions and temptations. But when we recognize our own powerlessness, we are able to allow God to step in. His power is more than sufficient for the task of our recovery.”

It's YOUR power on which I must rely. YOUR power which has taken me from this mess to Your Message. Your power which reminds me of the Truth of verse 10a, “Do not despise this small beginning, for the eyes of the Lord rejoice to see the work begin”. Let Your eyes rejoice with my efforts this day Dearest Father.

Work in and through, with and for me this day Dearest Dad. These are absolutely decisions I cannot make for myself. I trust that not only can You do this, but You will!

Thank You for taking me from the mess to The Message. Empower and enable me to use Your glory well this day. I love You, Dearest Father. Let there be glory and honor and praise... Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(706 words ~ 7:35 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment