Thursday, September 19, 2013

ideal


Thursday, September 19, 2013 (9:04 a.m.)
Las Vegas, NV
Holy Father God,

Thank You! I am so glad to practice saying, “You were right” to another. ESPECIALLY after having become so quickly miffed over such a simple thing.

We experimented with where it was best for a cold catching toddler to spend his night. My plan was not readily embraced. After working really hard to fend off the stubborn bitterness that usually accompanies not getting my way, I truly rejoiced at hearing myself think, “I'm so glad he was right!”

Blessed Father God, it is YOU that enables this change of behavior on my part. YOU who allows me to accept circumstances for what they are. Many times less than ideal.
(3:31 p.m.)

How thrilled and excited I am Dearest Father to read the following words in The Voice as they describe a section from Song of Solomon (8:1-3). Regarding the depiction of the marriage relationship read here “Song of Songs gives a glimpse of what marriage might have looked like prior to the first sin in Eden. God designed the relationship between husband and wife to be one of love, passion, and pleasure. This should be the ideal all couples strive for in their marriages as they work together to avoid sin in their lives.”

You provided that opportunity (to avoid sin in my life) last night when instead of holding on to a grudge, I released it, honored my husband's decision and got a fairly decent good night's sleep.

Thank You for working so faithfully in and through us Dearest Father. Keep up Your perfectly ideal, very good work on our behalf. We love You so very much and are eternally grateful for Your gracious goodness. Empower us to use it well. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(306 words ~ 5:37 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment