Monday, September 16, 2013

"so glad"


Sunday, September 15, 2013 (8:19 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

I love You. I am so glad to be loved by You.

Monday, September 16, 2013 (7:35 a.m.)

I sat a lot yesterday. And did very little. This morning I'm asking that I would be obedient to Your leading. Where do I go from here?

Experiment with opening my heart to You. I've been holding on to fear and deep concern for loved ones. It never serves me well. I see what I believe to be the writing on the wall for them and I pull back for fear of the aftermath. THAT is not trusting You!

Forgive me Father. I pray. I want to see the results I want to see. And when I don't, I falter. Give up. Stop caring. No. Scratch that. What I do is pretend. I pretend to be okay when I am not.

Father, You know my heart. You know the depths to which I feel the pain of others. I confess I don't know how to love as You would have me love. I love more as a character than as a reality. I admit. I want the 'happily ever after' without the pain and drama of real life.

Most Blessed Father God, I AM so glad to be loved by You! You ARE what is good and right in our lives. All the imbalance of life I seek to avoid in one way or another doesn't right itself through my pretense. Tear away this sham of avoidance with which I have attempted approaching You.

Hear my tearful/fearful heart as I cry out to You on behalf of the marriages, children and loneliness of loved ones. Truly Father, it breaks not only my heart, but my spirit as well when I consider all You have for each of us and we are desperately missing in our everyday lives.

Help us Father. Help us to not only know You to be a good and faithful God, but to believe and trust and live as though the lives You have for each of us is filled with Your love. Your perfect love that takes away fear (1John 4:18).

Work in each of us to live our moment to moment lives as though we really, truly ARE “so glad” to be loved by You! So glad to truly, “Say thank You to the Lord for being so good, for always being so loving and kind” (Psalm 107:1).

(8:48 a.m.)

I heard it, Father! I just said, “I'm so glad” in regards to events that took place yesterday.

I AM so glad! So glad to be honest with You. So glad to care so deeply about others. So glad to have Your Word in which to turn. So glad to have been led in The Message yesterday to Psalm 107:23-32.

So glad to have read of sailors setting sail in big ships (v. 23) and seeing You in action (24). You called to the wind and waves towered (25). Ships were tossed and sunk to the depths while the sailors cringed in terror (26).

The Message, speaking as though to the sailors themselves, “your hearts were stuck in your throats. You were spun like a top, you reeled like a drunk, you didn't know which end was up. Then you called out to God in your desperate condition; He got you out in the nick of time. He quieted the wind down to a whisper, put a muzzle on all the big waves. And you were so glad when the storm died down, and He led you safely back to harbor.”

So often that is how I feel Blessed Lord. A roller coaster of emotions and then safely back to harbor. “So thank God for His marvelous love, for His miracle mercy to the children He loves. Lift high your praises when the people assemble, shout Hallelujah when the elders meet!” (Psalm 107:31-32)

Oh most blessed Father, make it so that I would truly come more regularly and automatically to that point of praise and thanksgiving. Thank You Father for Your marvelous love! Hallelujah for Your mercies!

Thank You for truly reminding me that My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness that In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil. His oath, His covenant, His blood, Support me in the whelming flood; When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay. On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand.

Thank You for turning my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength (Mark 12:30) back to Your profound love and mercy. Work in us Dearest Father. Continue chipping away at all the hardness that surrounds our essence, keeping us from truly being "so glad"!

I love You Father. I long to serve You well this day. Empower and enable me to love and be and think and do exactly as You would have me. It is in Your precious Son's name that I ask all this. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(857 words ~ 9:33 a.m.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment