Friday, September 27, 2013

snippet


Wednesday, September 25, 2013 (6:32 a.m.)
Holy Father,

Here I am. Trying again. I've been starting and stopping here with You all week. Thank You for another opportunity to come into Your presence.

Thank You for Your Word in which to find Your Truth. Thank You for the word 'snippet' that popped into my head just before getting out of bed. I had been thinking of how short our times together in the morning had been this past week.

I was considering the starts and stops of praying I have been doing lately. Bringing the word 'snippet' to Your Word, I read Jesus use it to the Pharisees. He was referencing a “snippet of Scripture” (The Voice Matthew 12:7) recorded in Hosea.

Following the reference in The Life Recovery Bible, I read Hosea 6:6. “I don't want your sacrifices – I want your love; I don't want your offerings – I want you to know me.” Truly Father, that is exactly why I come before You in the mornings. Because I love You and I want to know You better.

Thank You Father. Reading the comment at the bottom of the page, I am again reminded, “The way we treat people gives us a good idea of how committed we are to God.” It isn't the religious worship activities You are most concerned with, it's our hearts.

“Acting kindly toward others and forgiving those who have hurt us not only proves that we are growing spiritually; it also helps us grow even more.”

Father God, thank You for sending Jesus to teach us first hand the importance of Your loving forgiveness. Thank You for using whatever snippets of time I have to devote only to You in reminding me to love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as myself (Mark 12:30-31).

You are so very good. So generous. Merciful. Kind. Taking a cue from the Disney song that just popped into my head, I wanna be like You-ou-ou Thank You Father. Thank You for giving me the desire to want to be like You!

Use me and that desire well this day. Empower and embolden me to share what time, talent and treasure I have on Your behalf. A snippet here. A snippet there. Make them count for You. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(394 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment