Monday, March 25, 2013

vocare


Thursday, March 21, 2013 (6:26 a.m.)
Cruising toward Los Angeles
Island Princess (Day 13)
Awesome God,
Thank You. I get to depend on You. I have freaky, crazy dreams and my solace is in You. There were elements of sense to them and then compete and utter nonsense. Emotions were evoked and thoughts provoked. And instead of attempting any rationalization of them, I look to You. Your sunrise. Your mercies which fall fresh everyday.
Speaking of sunrises, this one was spectacular! Clouds added to the intensity of it's beauty without obstructing the view as Your morning was breaking like the first morning Thank You Father that as I sat watching and humming there was praise for You in my heart and my soul.
I confess to You, my thoughts and feelings are ebbing and flowing right now. I begin to settle in with some calm, even thinking and the very next thing I know I'm up trying to pack effectively and efficiently. There's way more to today than the mere ending of a trip. There's praising and worshiping of You that needs to far overshadow all the 'last' things I want to do today.
Guide me into Your Word that I will find what You have for me. Thank You Father. You have something especially to help me. Whether it is to just allow me to struggle and ultimately grow through these uncomfortable feelings or to rid them from me, I am trusting You to guide me through them.
In reading Jeremiah 33 (A Wonderful Promise) I get to be reminded that it's okay to bring our emotions to You. You sent another message to Jeremiah while he was still in jail for telling people what they didn't what to hear. “The Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth – Jehovah is His name – says this: Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen here” (v. 3).
What does this tell me? That You know! YOU are in control. I can let go and let You be the God of all. All of my hopes, plans, emotions... Verse 11 says, “The people will sing: 'Praise the Lord! For He is good and His mercy endures forever!'”
You ARE good! Help me sing of Your mercies this day Dearest Lord. I don't want to be all weepy and sad. On my own I can do nothing but. Be in and with me this day as we tie up the final day of our trip and head back to our 'real' life. I love You so much and I ask that the way I live this day will reflect that love and trust I have in You.
Let me take the uncountable blessings You've provided us these past several weeks and use them for Your good and for Your glory. Help me sing Your praises for the morning and Your loving plan for each of us.
Thank You for loving us. Thank You for caring and providing for us. Use us as You wish. We love You and we thank You. Amen.
(520 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment