Monday, March 25, 2013

continue


Tuesday, March 19, 2013 (7:10 a.m.)
Heading north-westerly toward Cabo San Lucas, MX
Third Continuous Day at Sea
Island Princess (Day 11)
Lazy, relaxed, rested, content...
These are words that so accurately describe me at this very moment. Why? Because of You Blessed Father. You continue Your work in me. You keep removing those character defects that continue popping up in me.
Continue. A pastor's message to his church in the Los Angeles area and a group of visiting Walter Hoving Home ladies urged all in attendance to “Continue” when things weren't what we wanted them to be.
“Continue: carry on traveling in the same direction [seems so appropriate for our current location and circumstance (smile)], persist in an activity or process, carry on, proceed, go on, persevere, press on, remain, stay, pick up...” These very descriptive words bring to mind many thoughts and ideas. Guide me in Your Word today as You speak to me about what You most want me to know and put into practice this day.
Let me start off first by saying I love You. It's one of those things that I think really does go without saying, yet I feel inclined to say it anyway. And often. You are so very good to us and I never want to take Your blessings for granted.
I confess to You Blessed Father, I've been playing around again with feelings of bitterness and entitlement. Things don't go exactly 'my' way and I want someone to pay. To feel sorry enough for hurting my feelings. I'm no longer five. Yet far too often that's my immediate, go-to emotional reasoning.
What am I to do? Continue. Continue in Your Word and Your Way. Continue walking in Your glorious light. Continue asking You to remove my shortcomings. Father, I love You. I do ask You to remove those things in me that do not serve You well. Replace them with Your Truth. Your love. Your power, strength, wisdom... All the things I, in my own humanness, am lacking.
So here I am reading chapters 17 and 18 of 1Chronicles, aware of You reminding me to look to You and Your Word for guidance. If I am indeed going to continue following You, I need to know how to recognize Your leading.
David had a great idea in his desire to build a temple to house Your Ark of the Covenant. The problem was, it was his idea and not Yours. How often do I resemble his plans? I chart my own course. Set off in my own direction. Expecting You to bless me as I go.
Instead Father, I am asking You to change that in me. Teach me to seek You first (Matthew 7:31-33). Continue Your work in guiding me to the direction You would have go.
I give You this day Blessed Father. With all its potential and opportunities. Yesterday You gave me turtle sightings as a completely unexpected and vastly appreciated gift I hope to treasure forever. You are such a good and generous Father. How I ask You to continue teaching me to use the resources You provide to honor, glorify and enjoy You forever.
Continue Your work in me I pray. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(542 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment