Monday, March 25, 2013

humble


Friday, March 15, 2013 (6:45 a.m.)
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Island Princess
Thank You Father,
So many things to say “thank You” for.
Saturday, March 16, 2013 (3:54 p.m.)
Off the coast of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Island Princess
And just like that we were off and running. Well, zipping actually. Through trees. In a rain forest. During the dry season.
I'm not remembering a time that I have felt THAT tired! Beat up. Done in. Exhausted. Thank You for the good sense You gave me to know when to say when and call it a VERY early night. Thank You for the refreshing rest that allowed me the energy it took to enjoy touring the countryside of an extremely 'humble' area.
Humble. A very good word. The right place to start this late afternoon. “Humble: of low social, administratve, or political rank; lowly, working-class, poor, modest, unpretentious, plain, simple”. I thought of my dad's family much of today. Seeing many things reminded me of the few things I know about his humble upbringing.
Father, I didn't know them. I believe them to have been honest, hard-working, humble people. I like to think they were.
Your Word (James particularly) is speaking to me of the importance of humbling ourselves. That I ask You this evening Father. I'm going with The Living Bible translation here Lord which takes me straight into a song from the past.
“Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and sincere grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. Then when you realize your worthlessness before the Lord, He will lift you up, encourage and help you” (James 4:9-10).
♫Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up higher and higher And He will lift You up... Lift us up Blessed Father. We love You so much. Thank You for loving us first. Amen.
(329 words ~ 5:05 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment