Monday, March 25, 2013

desire


Wednesday, March 20, 2013 (6:25 a.m.)
Cabo San Lucas, MX
Island Princess (Day 12)
Amazing God of Glory,
AMAZING God of glory! I have been singing praise to You these past moments as early morning was breaking into dawn. What a gift You have given me. The desire to sit here and be with You. The want. The wish. The impulse. Yearning. Longing. Craving. Hankering. Hunger. Eagerness. Enthusiasm.
And here come the tears. Good tears. Excited tears. But tears nonetheless. And with them a (school, flock, bale) LOT of dolphins jumping out of the water right next to where I'm sitting. Wow! Agog. Eager to tell. Amazed. Appreciative. Rejoicing. And singing again.
♫To God be the glory! Great things He hath done; So loved He the world that He gave us His Son...
Blessed Father, thank You. Much time has passed in me attempting to find the rest of the words so I can continue singing rather than humming Your praise. And BAM! Here they are. Thank You.
♫Who yielded His life an atonement for sin, and opened the life-gate that all may go in. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice. O come to the Father through Jesus the Son, and give Him the glory; great things He hath done!
But wait! There's more... Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done, and great our rejoicing in Jesus the Son; But purer and higher and greater will be Our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see!
So true. So very incredibly true. Thank You Father. Thank You for loving us. And wanting us... Here again, more tears. The very thought of being so perfectly cared for by You reduces me to a puddle once more.
Oh most dear and holy God, how I thank You for calling to me this morning. Thank You for the desire that led me to again read of Your 'unending love for Your sinful people and Your desire to restore their relationship with You' (Hosea – The Life Recovery Bible The Bottom Line).
Chapter six, verse six spells it out so clearly. “I don't want your sacrifices – I want your love; I don't want your offerings – I want you to know me.” The comment at the bottom of the page gives more detail to the verse's simplicity. “The way we treat people gives us a good idea of how committed we are to God. Our religious activities can be acted out without any true feeling.”
Jesus used these words and Truth in talking to the Pharisees concerning their legalism (Matthew 12:7). You gave Your laws for our spiritual freedom and balance. We tend to take them to the extreme of restrictive and enslaving purposes.
Father, as I read the comment at the bottom of the page I see it so closely parallels the praise I was singing with the sunrise. “God wants to be merciful to us, offering recovery and hope instead of condemnation. If God had wanted to crush us with legalism, He never would have sent Jesus to die for us. He would have let us die in our sins.”
♫To God be the glory! Great things He hath done; So loved He the world that He gave us His Son, Who yielded His life an atonement for sin, and opened the life-gate that all may go in. Praise the Lord... Let the earth His voice. Praise the Lord... Let the people rejoice.
It is my true desire this morning Father that I not only praise You this day, but that I hear You and rejoice in all You provide. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your Son. Thank You for Your blessings and Your attention to every detail of our lives. I love You so much Father. Keep working in me to make sure I do it to Your liking. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(671 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment