Friday, March 8, 2013

Holy God


Friday, March 8, 2013 (8:25 EST)
Dania, FL
Holy God,
I've already packed my 'go-to' Bible. I'm relying on BibleGateway.com and The Gideons' from the hotel. Several verses seem appropriate. Let's see where we go together. “You lead, I'll follow!”
First off, it's Revelation 15:4 (NKJV) I bring to You. “Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgments have been manifested.” Yes. Yes. And YES!!!
“For You alone art holy”. I throw the word 'holy' around far too casually. I use it to describe things that are anything but holy. Forgive me, I pray. Change this in me I ask.
From here I go right back to what made me laugh out loud just earlier. Proverbs 30:3a. It was the phrasing used by Eugene Peterson in The Message that shocked me into attention, “I flunked 'wisdom'.” That's me. Thankfully the follow up to that is no longer true in my case. “I see no evidence of a holy God.” Not true! Absolutely not true! We have evidences of Your holiness all around us. It's utilizing that evidence, that TRUTH, where I fall short.
Father, I want, I'm asking that You temper my language to represent the fact that You alone art holy. I wish to no longer casually use the word 'holy' in describing anything but You! You are good. You are faithful. You are loving. And kind. And most of, You are holy.
Thank You for the blessings You are continuing to provide us. Let us represent You well this day, the remainder of this current trip, all the days of our lives. We love You so much. We ask You to work wonderfully in and through each of us that we will serve You well. We truly long to love You with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) fully knowing, believing, trusting that “the Lord our God is the one and only Lord” (v.29). Holy. Holy God.
Thank You Father. We love You. And we ask You all this in Your Son's most holy name. Amen.
(364 words ~ 9:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment