Monday, March 25, 2013

reluctance


Monday, March 25, 2013 (10:17 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
I am confessing reluctance! It was going to be 'grumpy', but really it is more: unwilling, disinclined, unenthusiastic, resistant, hesitating, wavering, vacillating, doubts, second thoughts, misgivings... Thank You Father for giving me words with which to describe my feelings. Now I'm asking You to give me YOUR Word on the subject!
You have blessed me B-I-G and You deserve my praise and worship, NOT my growls and grumblings. There is SO much that needs to be taken care of around here that I have no idea where to even begin.
Thank You that just that fast You can have me singing a song from The Sound of Music. Let's start at the very beginning, A very good place to start Yes. Let's take “first things first”. Will You please order this day for me?
I'm taking 2Corinthians 9:6-9 into account right here. I'm asking You to turn me into a 'cheerful giver' of my strengths and energies this day. Make my heart willing to help. Change my attitude into one of sincerest camaraderie. We are officially home again. Help me transition eagerly.
Oh look! Another song. Change my heart O God, Make it ever true. Change my heart O God, May I be like You. You are the Potter, I am the clay, Mold me and make me, This is what I pray YOU can do this in me! YOU can “Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires” (Psalm 51:10). I trust You. I seek You. I ask You. Make Your Way in me this day.
I confess reluctance; asking and seeking change. Thank You Father. You are good. Holy. Generous. And I truly am grateful. Use me well I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(304 words ~ 10:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment