Monday, March 25, 2013

request


Thursday, March 14, 2013 (6:59 a.m.)
Island Princess
At Sea – to Puntarenas
Awesome God,
This morning I have a request. It's been three years since my mom 'passed', 'went home to be with You', 'died'... Three years and I still don't even know how to refer to her death.
(7:42 a.m.)
My original request this morning was going to be that You would work in me that I would honor my mom this day. Honor her life. Honor her memory. After searching Your Word I'm asking that You would help me honor her in knowing how to properly express her present state of living with You.
Too many times I don't know what I think I know. Just because I think something to be true doesn't make it so. My understanding of Jesus' words to Lazarus' sister Martha lead me to believe that three years ago today, my mom merely stepped into her life with You.
John 11:25-26, “Jesus told her, 'I am the One who raises the dead and gives them life again. Anyone who believes in me, even though he dies like anyone else, shall live again. He is given eternal life for believing in me and shall never perish. Do you believe this, Martha?'”
I believe this Jesus. I believe my mom believed it. I believe she is there in glory with You. And I also believe, without knowing how to substantiate it, that she is somehow still here near to each of those who loved her. I believe You to be omnipresent, that doesn't mean the same for her.
What words would You have me use to express myself? How would You have me honor her on this third anniversary?
I love You so much. Missing her, loving her is made easier by believing her to be with You. Teach me Your Truth that I would share it accurately with others. I love You Father. I trust You. I thank You and I ask You to work in me to bring honor and glory to Your name. And honor to my mom. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(356 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment