Saturday, March 30, 2013

closer


Wednesday, March 27, 2013 (10:02 a.m.)
Thank You Father!
Knowing that I'm not feeling peppy and happy and energetic I started humming. What I thought was Take It to the Lord in Prayer turns out to be Just A Closer Walk With Thee Just confessing to You how I'm feeling brings me markedly closer to You. Thank You Father. Thank You!
Thank You that because I WANT to be closer with You I got to turn to 2Corinthians 7:11 (The Message) and read, “And now, isn't it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You're more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you've come out of this with purity of heart.”
As I look to The Life Recovery Bible I find encouragement to my mood in this comment. “When we admit our failures to God and others and do what we can to follow God's will, wonderful changes take place in our life.” While I know it's not just in confessing that I get to experience a closer walk with You, I thank You for the reminder that I must do what I can to follow Your will.
Father, I admit to being resistant to repentance. I'm willing to confess, yet reluctant to change. Work in me with this, won't You?
Your Word, Your love for us 'purify and revitalize our life and emotions in a remarkable way'. We get to have our relationship with You renewed. We are so blessed. We have opportunity in You that we cannot find anywhere else. Thank You.
Thank You for reminding me through a song of my sincerest desire for Just a closer walk with Thee, Precious Jesus, hear my plea, Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be
With that said and believed, do with me as You wish this day that I will bring glory and honor to Your name. I love You so much and I truly long to serve You well. Thank You Father, Son and Holy Ghost. In Your most holy name I pray. Amen.
(361 words ~ 11:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment