Monday, March 4, 2013

sweet soil


Monday, March 4, 2013 (6:51 a.m.)
Most Dear and Blessed Father God,
How very much I love You! How I thank and praise You. How I ask You to speak with me this morning. Two words came to me while it was still dark outside. “Sweet soil”. I have little idea what they may mean. I did some internet searching and although I think it can be a good thing for growing, I'm looking to You who created it all.
Father, thank You for the care You took in making everything out of nothing (Genesis 1). Peace settles deep into my being as I read both Your Word and the Illustrated Bible Handbook. Nothing got past Your attention. We are so blessed to be loved by a God such as Yourself! The One, the Only God in Three Persons who is intimately involved in not only our creation, but also in our well-being.
Father, thank You. Thank You for setting it all into motion. Thank You for taking nothing and creating life. Father I want to use well this life You have provided us. I want the soil You are growing me in to be sweet. Good for growing. Healthy.
I remember where the thought of soil came from! In not getting right to sleep last night, I recalled Your blessing me through Your Word three years ago. Before knowing I would have need of Its Truth the very next day (March 14), I read and prayed on Paul's words to the believers at Colosse.
He wrote this letter “to show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life.” (The Life Recovery BibleThe Bottom Line). Father, thank You that even here You were in charge of growing us.
Colossians 2:6-7, “And now just as you trusted Christ to save you, trust Him, too, for each day's problems; live in vital union with Him. Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the Truth that you were taught. Let you lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all He has done.”
Sweet Soil! Jesus thank You for all You have done in growing and nourishing me. Use me this day as You wish in representing Your goodness and Your glory. I love You so very much. And I thank You deeply. Grow me. Nourish me. In Your sweet soil. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(421 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment