Saturday, March 2, 2013

first things


Saturday, March 2, 2013 (7:40 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,
Thank You. Your Word teaches us to “Always give thanks to God the Father for everything. Give thanks to Him in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:20). Father, I've been trying to do exactly that.
You are so good. You are kind. You are patient. And You keep giving us opportunities to practice being better. Thank You.
This past week, You helped us stay focused on taking care of one task at a time. We were not only successful at identifying 'first things' we actually took care of them first! That's You Father. Working in and through each of us. Thank You God.
We've had a lot of decisions to make. And we worked together surprisingly well in organizing our chaos. You get the glory for it all. Here is where I ask You to continue working in me.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 tells us, “Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” I confess Dearest God, this is not usually my first thing. My typical modus operandi is fretting and stewing, debating outcomes, second guessing.
I want very much to get to the place where You see cheerfulness and thanksgiving in my heart. I don't want to merely give You lip service. I want my very countenance to represent You. Your peace. Your joy. Your love. Your generousity.
Father, You are so very good to us. You bring amazing people and opportunities into our lives. As I consider our first things for today I ask You to make me ever aware of the presence and guidance of Your Holy Spirit. Let me be a willing, obedient partcipant in Your good plan for us this day.
I love You. I thank You. And I truly ask You to enable me to “give thanks in every situation”. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(336 words ~ 9:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment