Saturday, March 30, 2013

no worries


Holy Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 (7:31 a.m.)
Still nothing.
I think. I pray. I get excited to be here. And then, nothing. No words. No praise. No joy. No hope. No worries.
Blessed Father God, You took away my worries! For that I am grateful. Extremely, immensely grateful. Thank You. Thank You that in You I have hope. Joy. Peace. They are deep in my heart. Not readily accessible at the surface. All seems buried deep inside. Truth bubbles forth.
(8:33 a.m.)
I search Your Word. I read Your Truth. And the next thing I know I've fallen back asleep. Again focused on You. Father thank You. Thank You that I get to relax and be refreshed by Your promises. I confess to struggling with apathy. I get easily distracted. Very little seems worth putting my interest and energies toward. I seek Your Truth. Your guidance. Your lead. Trusting You to do in and through me that which I am currently unable (unwilling?) to do myself.
This has been Holy Week. A week of hard reflection. I take none of it lightly. You sent Your One and only Son (John 3:16) to die on my behalf. I read. I think. I become appreciative. And at the very same time ashamed. Such a sacrificial gift. One of which I am not worthy.
All I can do is turn again and again to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Trusting and believing that You alone art God (Isaiah 37:16). Father, thank You. Jesus, thank You. Work in me this day that I would use well Your sacrificial gift to humanity.
I love You. I trust You. I thank You. Amen.
(278 words ~ 10:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment