Thursday, March 7, 2013

extremes


Thursday, March 7, 2013 (7:35 a.m. EST)
Dania, FL
Loving Father,
Thank You! I was in the midst of an adventure yesterday (airboats, gators and crocs, oh my!) and speaking with You was what I most wanted to do.
♫Word of God speak I noticed myself singing that in the middle of the Everglades. Chin lifted, eyes closed and truly not a care in the world I wanted only to be in Your presence. What an experience! Something I had always thought I would never want to do. Thank You for surprising me.
And surprise me You do! Thank You for turning my mind, in the very midst of an exciting experience, from what was going on around me to You and Your Word. I was in the middle of sawgrass in Florida and thinking of Moses, as a baby, being placed in a little boat made of papyrus reeds and set “afloat in the reeds at the edge of the Nile” (Exodus 2:1-3). Thank You Father.
You take such incredible care of Your creation. Last night there was time and conversation somehow turned to having a good death. Stories were told of loved ones seemingly fine one minute and being gone the next. There were those who had suffered greatly and rallied to the point of anticipated recovery. You were fully acknowledged as having a plan for us (Jeremiah 29:11). Thank You Father.
Thank You that as we (You and I) sit here together I again get to turn in Your Word. Through the years I've come to use the words “never” and “always” sparingly. Just now I found a verse (Psalm 145:13) that I won't have to hesitate in using such extremes.
“Your Kingdom is a kingdom eternal; You never get voted out of office. God always does what He says, and is gracious in everything He does.” You are the epitome of extremes!
The Life Recovery Bible comments, that 'You shower us with Your gifts, holding back the judgment we deserve. Even though You hate our sin, You don't react to it out of anger. Instead, You show us great compassion. Someday all creation will recognize what God has done and will praise Him.'
That said, I just remembered another never worth repeating. “His compassion never ends” (Lamentations 3:22a). Father, as we go into this day, make me ever mindful of the extremes to which You love us. Your compassion never ends and You are ALWAYS good! Extremes, yes. You are one extremely good God. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(429 words ~ 9:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment