Monday, December 3, 2012

details / confession


Friday, November 30, 2012 (9:01 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
Thank You! Yesterday I had an 'off' day. I didn't feel well. At all! Yet when I cried and prayed, “I want my mommy” You answered! Through the kindness of our neighbor. It was so well timed. What an awesome experience. In recognizing You here in the details, I am grateful.
Father, thank You for all the well wishing and offers from friends and loved ones. Thank You for the help of a loving husband. Thank You for not leaving me alone in this.
Monday, December 3, 2012 (6:37 a.m.)
And here I am confessing. Again. Long before not feeling good I knew I had gone back to not choosing healthy, good-for-me foods. In reading a particular verse (1Chronicles 28:19) Friday morning I didn't like the conviction that came over me and I've been attempting to avoid You ever since.
Forgive me please. You know me. You knew me before I was ever born (Jeremiah 1:5). And everywhere I turn in Your Word conviction keeps whacking me. So what do I do? I stay away! I nod my head. I start to agree and get excited because I know that ALL You say is Truth and then I find a million [that might be a stretch] excuses to back away.
Father, Your Word tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14) and that my body is Your temple (1Corinthians 6:19-20). This Truth is not as much beyond my comprehension as it is greater than my ability.
With that said, I come back to You asking that You would do in and with me as You wish. I confess an element of fear as I read David's words to You (Psalm 51). For every nod of my head and heart, there is the faintest question of what am I really prepared to give up to follow You. I can't even begin to answer. I don't know that it's You asking.
Please accept me right here where I am. “Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires” (Psalm 51:10). I love You Father. I know that You do not expect me to do any of this life perfectly. Do in and for and with me all the things that I cannot do myself. Align my will with Yours. I love You so very much. Help me serve You well this day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(416 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment