Thursday, December 20, 2012

catalyst


Thursday, December 20, 2012 (5:12 a.m.)
♫Hum, hum, HUM, hm, hm...
It's another song I can't yet remember the words to, or even the rest of the melody. What would You have me do with it?
Let me use it as a catalyst to tears? I definitely didn't see that one coming! Whatever it takes to get my attention, huh?
So I'm going to take this time right now and confess to not knowing how very close to the emotional edge I currently am. I'm also taking this occasion to thank and praise You.
Father, thank You for knowing me so well. Thank You for having Your hand on me. See? Even something simple like that Truth leads me all over the place trying to find a Bible verse to substantiate it.
Let me just get back to basics. You love me (John 3:16). This morning I followed the word 'melody' to 1 Corinthians 14:6-8. The next thing I know I am reading a commentary for verses 26-39. It talks about healthy, interdependent relationships and I'm on the verge of tears.
While consciously holding them at bay, I keep looking here and there in Your Word for the “Aha!” verse of the day. Each turn of the page brings me closer to either standing tall or collapsing in a puddle.
Father, You know my heart. You know my desires. And my needs. There is much to be done today. There is Your love to share with others. Keep humming Your Truth to me, changing my focus directly back to You.
Bringing all my jumbled thoughts, concerns, doubts and confusion to You seems like such an offense until I mix them in with the Light of Romans 8:26-27. “In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words. All of our thoughts are known to God. He can understand what is in the mind of the Spirit, as the Spirit prays for God's people.”
With this all said, still I hum and fight back tears. Father I look to You, asking that You will use whatever catalyst necessary to bring me around to glorifying and enjoying You. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You.
Thank You for allowing me this time in Your presence. Use me this day as You wish. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.
(428 words ~ 6:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment