Tuesday, December 18, 2012

HOME


Tuesday, December 18, 2012 (6:19 a.m.)
Awesome Father,
Thank You. Again, I come to You with thanksgiving in my heart (Psalm 100:4). The difference this morning is that I do not have a clear direction to take with You. I am here asking You to lead, guide and direct our time together. My thoughts throughout what seemed a very long night were all over the place. Yet here I am once again able to say, “Thank You”.
Thank You for sparking so many wonders. HOME keeps coming to mind. It started with There's no place like home for the holidays and my question to You of where is our home really? Is it there in heaven with You?
(7:15 a.m.)
Just so You know ~ the more I read this morning, the more confused about HOME I become. Because of that I am asking You to speak Truth to me.
I woke up believing heaven to be our ultimate, eternal home. While reading a piece from The Word of Righteousness, titled Our Eternal Home, the pastor brings up the concept of YOU as our Home. He uses John 14 as his points of reference. In regards to verse three, he states, “There is a huge difference between going to the Father as a Person and to Heaven as a place.”
I look to You Dearest Father, the Truth of Your Son (v. 6) and His promise of Your Holy Spirit. “If you love Me, obey Me; and I will ask the Father and He will give another Comforter, and He will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit who leads into all Truth” (John 14:15-17a).
Speak Your Truth to me this day concerning our True HOME. John 14:23 tells us, “Jesus answered [a question from verse 22] and said to him, 'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.'”
I'm going out on a limb here until You teach me differently and believe that my home is with You. It is in You and You are in me.
So as I continue singing There's no place like HOME for the holidays, 'Cause no matter how far away you roam – If you want to be happy in a million ways, For the holidays – you can't beat home, sweet home! I will incorporate YOU as my HOME and rest in the comfort of Your Spirit.
Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You comforting Holy Ghost for being my HOME. Not just for the holidays, but for all of eternity which began the day I first asked You into my heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength (Mark 12:30).
Guide me. Teach me. Love me so much better than I am ever able to love You. Thank You. Amen.
(482 ~ 8:16 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment