Tuesday, December 11, 2012

backwards


Tuesday, December 11, 2012 (6:40 a.m.)
Beloved Father,
I've done it backwards again. I woke up with some words and a melody to a song and instead of coming directly to You with it, I tried to find it on my own. I do that a lot don't I? I don't want to bother You with something I think I can do by myself.
Yeah. Backwards. That does tend to describe me rather well. Thank You Father. Thank You that in my quest to find one thing (this particular chorus that is still singing in my head) I've found so much else instead.
Time spent alone with You is so uniquely beneficial to my soul. The way one word (in this case 'backwards') leads to information I would not otherwise know. You sent “the sun backwards ten degrees as measured on Ahaz' sundial” (Isaiah 38:8a).
Here I am reminded of the hope Hezekiah found when “he turned his face to the wall and prayed” (v.2) to You wholeheartedly. He held nothing back in his poem of praise to You (vs.9-20) following his recovery from near death. He saw that “Your discipline is good and leads to life and health” (16a).
Father how I thank You that even when I approach You backwards, You turn me around. While I still don't know the song I had originally planned to bring to You this morning, I get to leave here with Hezekiah's song of praise and thanks. How cool are You!
Thank You Father for the way You work in our lives. Keep me pliable and supple this day. Easily molded into the woman You would have me become. You are so good. So holy. And I truly long to serve You well.
As the elusive song of the early morning continues evading me, I will continue humming its truth back to You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(319 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment