Thursday, December 6, 2012

"Continue!"


Thursday, December 6, 2012 (6:03 a.m.)
Most Holy and Awesome Father God,
There is an estrangement going on within our family. It was quite subtle at first. Now there is no way of denying its existence. Thank You that Your Word even speaks to this.
Blessed Father, I am coming to You asking for a miracle. A miracle that will transform our lives. I confess to not really knowing how to pray specifically. I tend to pray in general. You know? YOUR will in all situations.
Where I want desperately to see healing in this life and all of our circumstances, too often I have not experienced the results for which I have prayed. So what am I to do? Continue!
Father, You are good! Here I am searching Your Word. Pouring over Ephesians and all the exciting Truth found there. Written by Paul “to strengthen the believers in Ephesus in their relationship with God and with each other.”
Why would he have written this letter? “Last of all I want to remind you that your strength must come from the Lord's mighty power within you” (Ephesians 6:10). He knew that being grounded in sound doctrine was just the beginning to standing firmly against the fierce, invisible warfare that is being waged against us (v.13).
So there I was, fairly agog with Your leading me to the introduction of this letter. Then I asked what I am to do with a heart that keeps breaking with fear and disappointment. And You answered! “Continue!”
Taking my cue from You, I searched “continue in prayer”. Lo and behold, Colossians 4:2 (KJV) says exactly that! “Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving”.
A few other versions offer the same Truth with various word choices. Contemporary English Version, “Never give up praying. And when you pray, keep alert and be thankful.”
Darby, “Persevere in prayer, watching it with thanksgiving”. Easy-to-Read Version, “Never stop praying. Be ready for anything by praying and being thankful.”
Father, I cannot even begin to know Your plans for any of us. But I absolutely believe them to be plans for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). And our job? Continue!
Father, I ask You for the faith and the courage to continue. With the power and strength that come only from You (Isaiah 40:29).
Be the God of our family. Deliver us from evil. We love You and need You. And we thank You. Repeatedly. In all things. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(428 words ~ 7:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment