Friday, December 28, 2012

on the lookout


Friday, December 28, 2012 (7:26 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Today I am on the lookout. I am looking for the four things I am sure You are going to provide for me to add to the Twelve Days of Christmas song I've been building since Tuesday. You are good. You are holy. And You are gracious. Generous. Loving. Kind.
Thank You for continually reminding me of Your goodness. Your grace. Your mercy and Your loving-kindness. Would You take a look at that? Four things. Four useful words Thank You God!
Various translations of Psalm 23:6 are allowing me to once again explore Your shepherd like care for each of us. You know what we need far better than we do ourselves. You always want what is best for us. Looking to You as our Shepherd, we get to follow along to places of safety. Thank You Father. Thank You for the gifts You give to us so perfectly.
And now, back to being on the lookout. Two verses stand out very clearly to me this morning. 2Chronicles 16:9 and Mark 15:43.
The first speaks of You “always on the alert, constantly on the lookout for people who are totally committed to Him” (MSG). The second tells of “Joseph of Arimathea, a highly respected member of the Jewish Council” who worked up his courage to ask Pilate for Jesus' body after He had been crucified. Joseph “was one who lived expectantly, on the lookout for the kingdom of God.” These are two Truths I want to take with me into this day.
The fact that You are constantly on the lookout, 'watching the whole earth, ready to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed [devoted, loyal, true, blameless, perfect] to You' is phenomenal to me. I want to be counted in that lot!
To be described like Joseph of Arimathea, [noble, honorable, respected, brave] as one who was always on the lookout for Your Kingdom seems quite lofty to me. Oh but bigger things have happened.
Father, how I ask You to continue Your good work in each of us. Truly make us into the people You would have us be. Good. Gracious. Merciful. And lovingly-kind.
Yes Lord, keep us ever on the lookout for Your return and Your Kingdom to come, as You continue on the lookout of our hearts.
I love You so very much and I honestly want to serve You well. Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. Do in and with and through and for me all that I am absolutely incapable of doing for myself: loving You with ALL of my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31).
Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(456 words ~ 9:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment