Sunday, December 9, 2012

no place


Sunday, December 9, 2012 (5:23 a.m.)
Most Loving Father God,
Thank You that You are such a loving God. Thank You that as I have lain awake this last little while, the song that impacted me repeatedly is titled Home for the Holidays. I confess to changing some of the words to fit while my mind and soul keep singing it heartily to You.
♫Oh there's no place but with You for the holidays For no matter how far away I roam – When I long for the sunshine of a friendly gaze For the holidays – I can't beat You, sweet You!
Blessed Father I love when I think of You as my home. A phrase from several years back says, “Home is where your heart is.” I love when my heart is with You.
Psalm 142 (v.4 - Contemporary English Version) seems an unlikely place to find inspiration this morning. The words don't exactly speak encouragement into the soul. Until, that is, we take into account the psalm's entirety. “Even if you look, you won't see anyone who cares enough to walk beside me. There is no place to hide, and no one who really cares.”
Verse seven is where the praise comes, when we realize we are free to express our needs to You. “Rescue me from this prison, so I can praise Your name. And when Your people notice Your wonderful kindness to me, they will rush to my side.”
The whole psalm reminds us that any suffering we experience is meant to drive us to You, not to despair. We are free to express all our feelings about any trials we face directly to You. You care about us. Turning our life and our will over to You leads us out of bondage to our habits. You help us escape from our past and surround us with people who strengthen and encourage us.
That is why it is so perfect for me to unabashedly sing, Oh there's no place but with You for the holidays For no matter how far away I roam – When I long for the sunshine of a friendly gaze For the holidays – I can't beat You, sweet You!
Thank You Father. Use me this day as You desire. I love You. Amen.
(384 words ~ 6:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment