Saturday, December 8, 2012

perfect at the time


Saturday, December 8, 2012 (12:07 p.m.)
Awesome, Blessed Father God,
Thank You. Thank You for spending time with me throughout the past twelve hours. Thinking about You. Internally speaking with You. Singing a song to You so many hours ago that I don't even remember what it was. However, I know that it was perfect at the time.
Perfect at the time. What a phrase. The Contemporary English Version of Your Word ends one sentence in Hebrews 7:19 with “perfect” and begins the next with “At the same time,”. Put all together it reads, “because the Law cannot make anything perfect. At the same time, we are given a much better hope, and it can bring us close to God.”
As I read back to the beginning of the chapter, I am unfamiliar with Melchizedek. The King of Justice and of Peace (v.2) having no father or mother, no record of any ancestors, no birth or death – a priest forever (v.3).
I confess to feeling a huge question mark over my head. The more I read and try even harder to understand, the more confused I become. I read over to chapter 5. Not a lot of understanding to be found by me here either.
What I AM getting though is so very much hope. Joy. Peace. Under a section entitled A Call to Spiritual Growth (vs.11-14) I read of the importance of “practicing doing right”. In a commentary at the bottom of the page, The Life Recovery Bible reminds, “Spiritual growth, eventual maturity, and balance can happen only through application: acting on what we know to be true”. Here it directs me to “(see 4:12)”.
Going there I read another commentary that says, “During hard times our faith tends to dwindle; it is easy to grow angry and harden our heart to the truth about ourself. There is an antidote to this problem: the Word of God, which has spiritual power to penetrate even the deepest denial.”
Father, I thank You for the opportunities You give me to practice doing right. I confess to not always choosing to follow through in what I believe to be best. How I thank You for Your Word to remind and guide me to that end.
Thank You for Your presence in my life. Thank You for keeping me company long before the sun came up. Thank You for singing with me a song that was perfect at the time. Thank for the opportunity to once again say I love You. Use me well this day I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(431 words ~ 1:19 p.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment