Tuesday, December 4, 2012

one at a time


Tuesday, December 4, 2012 (5:10 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed Father God,
Thank You. There was sleep. And warmth. And awake time. Time. There's that word again. Please tell me, what is it You want me to know about time this day?
(6:12 a.m.)
Let's see... that it passes quickly? That many of the things I thought to be original I have actually expressed to You before?
It all seemed to have started much earlier when I recognized the song in my head as Time After Time Thinking it not to be relevant I looked it up anyway. Smiling, I continued wondering where else You would take me.
The Complete, Unabridged, Original Version of Reinhold Niebuhr's Serenity Prayer. Ahhh, now I see it! I didn't as I skimmed it before.
After asking You to “give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other” he followed with more.
“Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time,” here I wholeheartedly ask You Blessed Father to grant the Truth of Psalm 90:12. “Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.” Oh that we would Blessed Lord!
As I sit here on the verge of tears considering all the blessings You provide, I continue asking You to enable me toward “Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.”
One day, one moment, one blessing at a time. Father thank You for the joy, the beauty, the hope, the love You offer us. One at a time. You are Holy and I am glad. Thank You for time to spend alone with you. Time to ask You to teach me and to use me. Honestly, openly, lovingly, yieldedly. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(356 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment