Monday, December 24, 2012

The ULTIMATE Christmas Gift


Christmas Eve Monday, December 24, 2012 (7:48 a.m. CDT)
Justin's Forest Park Living Room
Birmingham, AL
Wonderfully Loving Father God,
Thank You. Again and again and again, thank You. You have blessed us this trip like I can't even begin to express!
Little things like a leg lamp in an upstairs window while touring neighborhoods looking for decorated homes. Wonderfully friendly people. Hearts and faces softened by the kindnesses of others. True Christmas blessings in every sense of the words.
Father thank You for loving us so much that You gave Your one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). The ULTIMATE Christmas Gift!
Wow! Father, YOU gave us the courage (or was it wisdom?) to break out of a lifetime tradition of never having been too far from home at Christmastime. What another gift of love on Your part!
Keep teaching us Blessed Father, that Your TRUE meaning of Christmas will never be found in all the wrappings and trappings that we've attempted to create it into being. It's found in strangers dancing with and embracing one another. Wishing each other a “VERY Merry Christmas”, not merely another “happy holiday”.
This Christmas, Father, I truly long to continue learning to love You with ALL of my heart and soul and mind and strength AND my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31). I believe that to be the ultimate Christmas gift I can give back to You.
Keep working in me Wonderfully Loving Father. I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.
(262 words ~ 9:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment