Friday, December 21, 2012

Psalm 136


Friday, December 21, 2012 (5:49 a.m.)
Fabulous Father God,
Thank You. There was a lot of awkward with us yesterday. Misunderstandings. Hurt feelings. Even some tears.
Oh but look how good You are! Just as I was going to say something about how Your love endures forever, Chris Tomlins' song Forever came to mind. As I was looking up those lyrics, Psalm136 caught my eye.
“Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His loving-kindness continues forever” (v.1 - TLB). And so it goes, “Give thanks to the God of gods,” (2a). Why? “...for His loving-kindness continues forever” (2b).
I don't know if I've been aware before that throughout this entire psalm it is the worshipers who respond to each statement made about You by saying, “His loving-kindness continues forever.” One response to twenty-six statements. Help me remember this Truth today!
We're going to be traveling. It's going to be different than we've ever experienced. And guess what? “His loving-kindness continues forever”!
Many versions of Your Word have used other words to express the faithfulness of Your love. “God's love never fails” (CEV). “His faithful love will last forever” (ERV). “His love [loyalty] continues forever” (EXB). “His love is eternal” (GNT). “For His mercy endureth for ever” (KJV). “His love never quits” (MSG). “His faithful loves endures forever” (NLT). “For His steadfast love endures for ever” (RSV). “For to the age [is] His kindness” (YLT).
And do You know what I've learned from all these comparisons this morning? Again I find that I truly long to Keep It Supremely Simple! Let me go back to singing the song that started it all for me. Forever God is faithful, forever God is strong, Forever God is with us, Forever
Following each line of Truth this song sings about You, we get to join together proclaiming HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER! Yes Father. Thank You. I love You. Enable, empower, embolden me to use Your Truth well this day. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(339 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment