Wednesday, December 12, 2012

eternal worth


Wednesday, December 12, 2012 (5:38 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
It's 12/12/12. What can this possibly mean to any of us that is of eternal worth? Along with this thought is the song There's no place like home for the holidays and the saying “grow where you are planted”.
All of this is I bring to You asking that You help me sort through and take away Your Truth from it.
How truly grateful I am Blessed Father that I am allowed into Your presence. In coming before You just now I've come across a word I don't know.
Denouement – the final part of a play, movie, or narrative in which the strands of the plot are drawn together and matters are explained or resolved; the climax of a chain of events, usually when something is decided or made clear. It comes from a French word meaning 'unknot'. The J.B. Phillips New Testament uses this word in Paul's second letter to the Thessalonians (chapter 1, verse 7).
While commending the believers in Thessalonica for their “patience and complete faith in God in spite of all the crushing blows and hardships” they were going through (v.4), he ultimately spoke of the rest they would receive upon Christ's return (v.7). Denouement.
Most other translations say “revealed from heaven”. Some “revelation”. Others: “comes down” and “appears”. I read the many versions and again I am particularly drawn to The Message.
“All this trouble is a clear sign that God has decided to make you fit for the kingdom. You're suffering now, but justice is on the way. When the Master Jesus appears out of heaven in a blaze of fire with His strong angels, He'll even the score by settling accounts with those who gave you such a bad time. His coming will be the break we've been waiting for” (vs. 5-7). Denouement!
Father, thank You. Thinking of Your Son's “personal coming from Heaven with the angels of His power”, bringing “full justice in dazzling flame” (J.B. Phillips) THAT'S something of eternal worth!
Let me use this unusual date (12/12/12) to grow where I am planted, offering Your faith, hope and love (1Corinthians 13:13) to all I encounter. I love You Father. I long to serve You well. Make it so. Thank You. Amen.
(382 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment