Saturday, April 30, 2011

storms

Saturday, April 30, 2011 (9:27 EDT)

Drury Inn Birmingham, AL

Loving Lord,

I haven’t been here with You these past few days because I honestly didn’t know how to start. I knew tears would be involved [they are] and I was afraid. Afraid that once I started to let them fall I wouldn’t be able to stop them.

Lord, I want to thank You for our safety and that of those around us on this particular visit to the storm beaten south. Oh, but Lord there are SO very many that did not fair nearly as well. Thank You Lord for our son who wants to help others. Thank You for the opportunity to offer hugs to those in need of them.

Blessed Lord, I confess to You the opportunity I missed the other day to share You and Your Word with one who was truly terrified. I used the rationale that I didn’t know her well enough. But that’s not at all true is it? Having just met her, I knew her well enough to hold her until I felt her give in to the emotion and relax. But when I thought to offer to pray with her. I choked. I thought my way out of it. Forgive me Lord.

I wanted to call upon Your Word right then and there, but nothing came. Looking last night under HELP IN TIME OF NEED in the Bible placed in our room by The Gideons, I came to Psalm 121. Listed under the heading “Protection in Time of DANGER”.

There we truly were, in the very real danger of the passing storm. How I sincerely wish I had had the words of this exact psalm to offer. I had Your essence. I KNEW You were in charge. I confessed my own fear to You at the time. But I didn’t share that knowledge when I knew full well that I could/should have. Again I ask Dearest Lord that You would forgive me.

So here I am Loving Lord, ready, willing and able to do the very next best thing. I will write this offering out and have it passed along to her. You are our every strength in times of trouble. It IS in You that “we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28). Help me Lord to not only stand on that very truth, but to SHARE it as well.

I love You Lord. I need You and I truly long to share You with others. Thank You for this desire. Make me able to follow through on it. I love You. Amen.

(437 words ~ 10:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment