Wednesday, April 6, 2011

value

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 (7:58 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

I love You. I thank You. I value You. I look to You for strength. I ask You to speak to me this morning regarding that which You would most like me to consider.

Most Dear and Awesome God, I turn to Your Word and I become excited. I read what others have written ages ago and feel as if it is meant specifically for me. Lord, how I thank You for loving each of us so incredibly much.

I confess to You the struggle I too often have with finding things of value in myself. I look to You and see endless supplies of great value. Reading Paul’s words this morning I am again challenged to reaccess my thinking. In his letter to the Church of Rome he told the people, “As God’s messenger, I give each of you this warning: Be honest in your estimation of yourselves, measuring your value by how much faith God has given you” (Romans 12:3).

Oh Your goodness Lord! Your great and glorious goodness! I love the way You connect the dots and draw me into an entirely different way of thinking. In his second letter to the people of Corinth, Paul told them (2Corinthins 3:5) “It is not that we think we can do anything of lasting value by ourselves. Our only power and success come from God.”

I look to You for all power and strength. I read Your Word and am filled with encouragement, strength and hope. There are words of such poetry, power and God-inspired confidence. Lord, it is faith in You that provides value to our lives. Thank You for the opportunity and ability to love You. Teach me to use Your love well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(301 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment