Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God's image

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 (7:59 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

You are awesome. Wonderful. Generous. Loving. Giving. Forgiving. I am made in Your image (Genesis 1:26-27). And I carry Your likeness imperfectly.

Lord, You are incredible! I had a whole laundry list of faults about myself I was going to bring to You this morning. Confessions of all the ways I fail to live up to Your standard. Instead You have me examining human nature and our potential for restoration. Because we are created in Your image, we have infinite value and worth. “Infinite value and worth – oh my!”

Oh my, indeed Dearest Lord! Nothing I do [or don’t do, as the case may be J] surprises You. On the other hand, most EVERY thing You do amazes me. Thank You Lord. Thank You that You are so full of wonder!

Thank You that even in just tapping out that truth to You right now, my mind shifted again to the Revelation Song the husband sang throughout most of yesterday. Filled with wonder, Awestruck wonder At the mention of Your name Jesus, Your Name is Power Breath, and Living Water Such a marvelous mystery

Dearest Lord, I can’t ever thank You enough. You bless us in ways of which we are not even aware. Let me not squander these things I so regularly take for granted.

My plan was to come contritely before You, confessing my inability to get with Your program. The mental list I had thought up of my many transgressions only grew with each waking thought. Putting the focus on You instead has taken me from Genesis to James with stops along the way in the Psalms, John and Hebrews. Each reading reminding me “there’s an excellence and dignity inherent in being human that should cause us to ponder our potential for good as well as bad.”

Lord God, thank You for that excellence which comes only from You. Let me utilize, not continue to waste it. You are good. Holy. You were. You are. And are to come (Revelation 4:8). Believing this wholeheartedly again I sing Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord God Almighty Who was, and is, and is to come With all creation I sing: Praise to the King of Kings! You are my everything, And I will adore You

Ah, Lord. As one created in Your image, I include myself in the prayer for Your disciples (John 17:6-19) as is stated in verse 20. “I am not praying for these alone but also for the future believers who will come to me because of the testimony of these.” You continued to pray that we would know Your ‘perfect joy, be protected from all evil, grow in truth and holiness, and show love toward all people.’

Yes Lord. Make it so. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(471 words ~ 9:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment