Sunday, April 10, 2011

♫I'm a BELIEVER♫

Sunday, April 10, 2011 (7:56 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

It took quite awhile for me to recognize the song I woke up thinking about this morning. Once I remembered what it was, I doubted that You’d have me singing to You a song from, of all groups, The Monkees. But sure enough, after all these hours, I’m still singing I thought love was only real in fairytales Meant for someone else but not for me Love was out to get me That’s the way it seemed Disappointment haunted all my dreams…

Then I saw Your face, now I’m a Believer There’s not a trace of doubt in my mind I’m in love! I’m a Believer! I couldn’t leave You if I tried

Thank You Lord that I get to sing this song with my whole heart. There WAS a time when I thought love was more or less a givin’ thing Seemed the more I gave the less I got… Then I saw YOUR face…

Dearest Lord, how very grateful I am to be able to sing this directly to You. And even in this You still have surprises for me! I thought I was here with You this morning to learn more about Paul’s conversion. One turn of the page and it’s of Stephen’s faith in You I am reading.

Here was “a man unusually full of faith and the Holy Spirit” (Acts 6:5) who was known for his courage, boldness and faith. “Stephen, the man so full of faith and the Holy Spirit’s power, did spectacular miracles among the people” (v.8). And I am again amazed!

Stephen didn’t waste time in the unfairness of his treatment by those bent on murdering him. No. Instead, he shared his faith in You with them. Amazing Lord. Absolutely amazing! He spoke Your truth. Told Your story. Confronted the religious leaders about their denial. When they reacted in anger and set out to kill him, he didn’t want revenge or carry a grudge. No Lord. He kept his focus on You. Forgiving the people who were killing him. Amazing!

As he looked steadily into heaven (chapter 7, verse 55) he “saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” And he told them. But rather than believe him, “they mobbed him” (57) refused to listen “and dragged him out of the city to stone him” (58).

“And as the murderous stones came hurtling at him” (59) he didn’t cringe, didn’t fight or whine. “Stephen prayed, ‘Lord Jesus, receive my spirit,’ And he fell to his knees, shouting, ‘Lord, don’t charge them with this sin!’ and with that, he died” (60).

Blessed Lord, when I sing of being a Believer, THIS is the kind of example I want to set! Yes I saw Your face, now I’m a Believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind Said I’m a Believer, yeah, yeah, yeah…

Thank You Lord for such a privilege as this. Keep working in me to make me worthy of wearing the title. It is ONLY through Your healing power in our life that we can boldly carry Your message to others without apology, fear or shame. Make it so in me Dearest Lord! I love You. Amen.

(539 words ~ 9:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment