Saturday, April 9, 2011

unfolding

Friday, April 8, 2011 (6:31 a.m.)

Sweet Jesus,

Thank You! Thank You that I didn’t miss the unveiling of this multi-cloud layered morning. I gasped and called Your name when I saw it. Gorgeous, Lord! Absolutely gorgeous!

Saturday, April 9, 2011 (7:52 a.m.)

It’s taken me more than a day Dear Lord, but here is the word I was looking for: “unfolding”! I watched Your morning unfold before me yesterday. It was truly gorgeous Lord and I considered You in it all day long.

Thank You Lord for the beauty and the ease with which circumstances unfolded yesterday. Changes in weather and plans all came together equaling such an enjoyable evening.

Lord, how I thank You for gentle little surprises [like gasp provoking sunrises J] that help remind me to look over to You. Thank You Lord that even in the midst of a misunderstanding, You were there reminding me not to take anything personally. It was Your teaching that helped me offer up mercy and grace instead of frustration and bitterness. Thank You Lord. I like watching Your ways unfold before and within me.

As I turn in Your Word this morning, I have two choices concerning the word “unfolding”. Psalm 119 [that’s one really long chapter Lord! J] verses 129-131 help me remember that it is Your Word that impacts our lives. “Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple [that would DEFINITELY be me! J]. I open my mouth and pant, longing for Your commands.”

Lord, as true as this section is, I confess to longing far better than obeying. Thank You that You are forgiving, patient and kind in Your dealings with us. Thank You also that Paul wrote of this very thing in what is now known as his second letter to the people of Corinth. He experienced first hand what it was to changed by You from the inside out.

Eugene Peterson used these words to described Paul’s thoughts of 2Corinthians 4:16-18 (The Message). “So we’re not giving up. How could we! Even though if often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There’s far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can’t see now will last forever.”

Lord God, how I thank You for helping me remember Your unfolding perspective. I absolutely don’t see things from Your vantage point. Thank You for reminding me to trust in You unfailing mercy and grace. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Help me use this day to Your glory. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(483 words ~ 10:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment