Thursday, April 14, 2011

simple stuff

Thursday, April 14, 2011 (8:35 a.m.)

Awesome, Beloved, Wonderful Father God,

I come to You this morning as a daughter going to her earthly daddy for help. This is new for me. Usually I approach You with far more reverence and awe. Today, I need help. Simple stuff really. Leaky faucets. Flickering lights. Basic home repairs that most other people know how to take care of.

We’re in over our heads here Lord. And You are my FIRST [rather than last J] resort. Thank You Lord!

I woke up singing to You. Thinking of all the ways I could begin our time together. Asking for acceptance, courage and wisdom from the Serenity Prayer was a big contender. Then I wondered what I’d do if my daddy was still here with us. Would I bother him with the simple stuff that’s going on around here? And I decided that I probably would in some way, shape or form. So why not talk to You about it all instead?

Lord, we want to be good stewards. You have blessed us mightily. We don’t want to squander the riches You have so generously bestowed upon us. Teach us Lord. Use the simple stuff by which we are currently baffled to bring us to better obedience in You.

Father You are so good. So loving and kind. You are faithful. Trustworthy. DEFINITELY traits we long to emulate. Teach us Daddy. Show us. Guide us. Direct us. Ooh and here’s the hard one… Discipline us Lord! We seem to lack that. A LOT!

We play well. We are even getting to the point that we love much better than ever before. It’s the area of work and responsibility that we really need Your guidance.

We have a lot of earthly influences. We still attend to [and rebel against L] the voices of those gone before us. We look to them, rather than You, as to how to take care of our business. Reverse that in us Lord. You are First. You are Foremost. You deserve ALL our attention!

I’m confessing to You now Dearest Lord, there are some health issues I don’t know what to do with. Simple stuff really. The seemingly common aches and pains most often related to aging. But are they? And what is my resistance to going and finding out? Is it only the bother of having to establish myself with a different doctor after all these years?

One thing for which I am truly grateful to You is the humbling insight You are providing me concerning my foremothers. Those brave women that I never fully appreciated before my step into this time of my life.

Daddy God, You are so incredibly awesome. How I thank You for this opportunity to just sit and “rap” (informal talk or chat in an easy and familiar manner) with You. Trust me. I can’t believe I just used that phrase with You! J But it’s what most appropriately fits right now.

And here’s the biggest joy of this time with You this morning. It’s where You speak back to me.

Having turned to Deuteronomy 4:36 because of the word ‘discipline’ I am amazed at the wealth of truth expressed in this section! Moses used the lessons of recent history to make an impassioned plea to the people of Israel for their allegiance to You.

Oh most dear and incredibly loving Father, how I thank You! Quoting this truth to You from Illustrated Bible Handbook

(1:52 p.m.)

“Deuteronomy 4:32-40 merits memorization and meditation. If you are ever discouraged, turn to these words of Moses. Let them direct your thoughts to the Lord, who ‘is God in heaven above and on earth below’.”

In this deeply moving chapter of Scripture, Moses encouraged Your people to obedience (1-14), rejection of idolatry (15-31) and continued remembrance of who You are (32-40). Ah, Lord! Our needs in a nutshell! Obey You, reject idols, always remember who You are.

I don’t know if I have been being more resistant or rebellious in the most recent past. I DO know I want that to end. Now! I long to be obedient to You Dearest Lord. Far more obedient to You than I ever even tried to be with my own dad. I love You so very much Dearest Father God. Show me how to fully esteem and revere You. You are the Master. I long to become Your accomplished apprentice. Thank You for loving me. Forgiving me. And revealing Yourself to each of us time and time again. I love You “Dad”! Thank You. Amen.

(765 words ~ 2:33 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment