Thursday, April 7, 2011

unchanging

Thursday, April 7, 2011 (7:46 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Good morning. I love You. How are You today? Unchanging.

(10:16 a.m.)

Yes. Unchanging it is! All these hours later this morning and I am still in Your Word, reading the first chapter of Paul’s letter to the people of Ephesus. I came here because of verse five and the mention of Your “unchanging plan” to adopt us into Your family.

Lord God, the more I read the more excited I become about Your unimaginable love for each of us. I’ve read several different versions of this chapter so far this morning and I still sit here amazed as I try to take in the truth of verse four. “Long ago, even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes.”

I can’t even begin to imagine what this really means to my life Lord. I know I give it a lot of lip service. But to sit here and truly consider having been loved and CHOSEN by You before You even “laid down earth’s foundations” (The Message) is amazing!

The more time I spend with You and Your Word, the more AGOG (excited and eager to tell) I become. Lord, You are amazing. Incredible. Marvelous. “Wonderful. Counselor. The Mighty God. The Everlasting Father. The Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6) Unchanging. And I love You.

Thank You Lord for choosing me to be Your own. Keep working in me to become all that You would have me be. Loving. Joyful. Peaceful. Patient. Kind. Good. Faithful. Gentle. And self-controlled. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Yes Lord. In Your own unchanging way, change me to be more like You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(291 words ~ 11:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment