Thursday, April 21, 2011

good God

Maundy Thursday, April 21, 2011 (3:57 a.m.)

Good and Gracious God,

Here I thought I was going to talk to You about it again being so early, and just one word in, I’d rather learn more about how good You are.

(6:43 a.m.)

Thank You Lord. After finding two verses (Psalm 34:8 and Matthew 19:17) in The Message that refer to You as good, I got to go back to sleep with that on my mind. Two verses which open the channel to all kinds of thoughts and ideas. Make me aware of Your truth here Lord.

The verse in Matthew quotes Jesus as saying, “Why do you question me about what is good. God is the One who is good. If you want to enter the life of God, just do what He tells you.” Well, that sure seems easy enough! Ah, but that it were!

This is where I come along, in all my humanness and complicate things. Thank You Lord that You are ever near to remind each and every one of us to keep things simple. Which takes me over to the whole of Psalm 34.

1. Bless God every chance I get

2. Live and breathe God

3. Join together in spreading the news and getting the word out

4. Seek the Lord and be freed from anxious fears

5. “Look at Him; give Him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from Him.”

6. When desperate, call out and let God get me out of a tight spot

7. “God’s angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray.”

8. “Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see – how good God is. Blessed are you who run to Him.

9. “Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all His goodness.”

10. “…God-seekers are full of God.”

11. Come, listen, receive

12. Love life? Desire beauty?

13. Guard tongue, no more lying

14. “Turn your back on sin; do something good. Embrace peace – don’t let it get away!”

15. You keep an eye on Your friends, Your ears pick up every moan and groan

16. You won’t put up with rebels; You’ll cull them from the pack

17. Anyone crying for help? You are listening, ready to rescue

18. You are right there for the broken-hearted; helping those kicked in the gut catch their breath

19. “Disciples so often get into trouble; still God is there every time.”

20. You are our bodyguard, shielding every bone; that not even a finger gets broken

21. “The wicked commit slow suicide; they waste their lives hating good.”

22. You pay for each slaves freedom; NO ONE who runs to You loses out

It’s all right here Lord! Telling us exactly how to live our days in You. Sitting here, reading Your Truth, trying desperately to absorb it into every fiber of my being, knowing that when I leave the confines of our time together here in Your Word, human nature will again fight for ultimate bragging rights of my soul.

Jesus said that You are the One who is good and that we are to just do what You tell us. Make it so Dearest Lord. Work in and through me so I will be able to ‘just do what You tell me’. I love You so darned much. Thank You for loving me first! Amen.

(560 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment